Company Fact Sheet
Sims Recycling Solutions is the global leader in electronics recycling and remarketing. We have over 20 years’ experience in complete and comprehensive information technology asset disposition and mobile device refurbishment services. Sims provides disposition services for all types of retired electronic equipment to local, national and global customers in every business sector including data centers, healthcare, financial service and technical organizations.
Overview of Global Business Offerings
IT ASSET DISPOSITION
Sims Recycling Solutions has the global reach, expertise and infrastructure necessary to guarantee you that your data is secure, your electronic equipment is processed in an environmentally responsible manner, your reputation is protected and your compliance risks are eliminated.
- Protecting your data
Sims’ global network of secure facilities with clearly defined and documented processes, and complete data destruction services safeguards against everything from potential data breaches of confidential information stored on hard drives to penalties for lack of compliance with regulatory requirements.
- Protecting you from environmental liability
Sims offers innovative recycling technologies, comprehensive hazardous materials management, R2-certified facilities and unique global partnerships to help you protect against liability associated with e-disposal – all while protecting the world we live in.
- Protecting your brand reputation
Sims is able to provide the most secure asset management, tracking and destruction procedures in the ITAD industry due to our self-contained comprehensive chain of custody. Our reputation protection solutions safeguard your confidential corporate information and your invaluable brand.
- Protecting you from compliance risks
Sims’ global depth and breadth makes us the world leader among IT asset disposal companies in successfully navigating the complex maze of state, federal, and international regulatory requirements. We can offer you a customized ITAD program to protect your organization from compliance risks.
As a part of Sims Metal Management Limited, the world’s largest publicly listed metal and electronics recycler, Sims Recycling Solutions has the global reach, expertise, and infrastructure necessary to ensure to our customers that all electronic devices are processed in a secure and environmentally responsible manner.
Sims international footprint of operations across 20 countries, enable us to offer a global scope of services on myriad local fronts.
CORPORATE OFFICE: West Chicago, Illinois
Certifications & Awards
- Responsible Recycling – R2
- International Organization for Standardization 14001:2004
- The Occupational Health and Safety Management 18001:2007
- International Organization for Standardization 9001: 2008
- Transported Asset Protection Association
- Czech Republic
- New Zealand
- South Africa
- United Arab Emirates
- United Kingdom
- United States
Industry Related Facts
Global IT Asset Disposition Solutions
- IT Asset Disposition (ITAD) are a secure extension of internal IT Asset Management (ITAM) programs
- Processing and recycling end-of-life electronics under one facility can reduce logistic costs
- Data breaches will be minimized by eliminating multiple transport of asset equipment
- Data security is ensured through the destruction of digital data to prevent unauthorized access to corporate information
Data Centers & Security Issues
- The largest data center will be the Range International Information Hub in Langfang, China with a facility size of 6.3 million square feet once completed in 2016 (Source)
- There were 783 data breaches in 2014 that resulted in 85,611,528 records exposed (Source)
- One in ten secondhand hard drives contain personal data (Source)
Mobile Phone Industry
- Three hundred and thirty-five million units of smartphones were shipped worldwide according to data from the International Data Corporation (IDC). (Source)
- 46% of firms worldwide support BYOD in the workplace (Source)